Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I want to try french manicure by myself at home but i don't have a guide to do straight lines?

somebody got an idea how to make steady lines apart from the kit guide?some tip?I want to try french manicure by myself at home but i don't have a guide to do straight lines?
I got a french manicure done at a new salon a while ago and they just painted white on the ends on my nail without a guide. It was just applied to the end half of my nail. After the polish dried the lady took out a brush (looked a lot like a kid's paint brush or my eye shadow brushes at home) and dipped that into polish remover. She then ';erased'; the extra white off my nail until she got the tip part the right shape and size for my nail.


I tried this at home later, and was able to get it right without too much frustration. I used an eyeshadow brush with stiff bristles, but a Q-tip might work too. It required a steady hand, but not as steady as painting perfect tips without a guide would!





You could also try to make your own guides from masking tape.I want to try french manicure by myself at home but i don't have a guide to do straight lines?
Until I learned how to do it, I would use scotch tape. It will give you the straight line, but not stick to polish underneath.
you should try the sally hansen french manicure kit. It comes with guides and an easy pen applicator. I use it all the time for my toes.
Usually a guide is supplied with french manicure kit purchase. If a guide is not provided then I would use any nonadhesive flat edged surface such as a strip of paper.
practice makes perfect !!


i can do it without the stickers, just try to keep ur hand steady, n dont go too slow !!
u can buy french manicure kits at Watson or Guardian Pharmacies.They r cheap and easy to use :) comes wif instructions and nail tapes too
If you don't want the kit you can use tape! Well just an idea...
Put tape acros your nail then paint above it for the white lines.
This is what I do...


Paint a thin white line at your fingernail tip. Then with a small flat brush - use nail polish remover to straighten the line to your liking. Then finish with a clear topcoat.





You have to pratice so your hands do not shake and keep it as steady as you can.





I have friends that do nails for a living and that is how they do it. I never thought I would be able to but they turn out ok. Just be patient and practice.





Good luck!!





Oh...try a twist to the classic french manicure and do colored tips - like red.
paper - like a business card.


just bend it and paint.


it's what the girl who does mine uses all the time.





ooh, sorry , i don't think it will work doing it yourself unless you have 3 hands.
I find that doing it freehand over the white part of my nail was far easier and less messy. but I prefer having a pro do it at the salon.

No comments:

Post a Comment