Friday, February 12, 2010

I have had gel applied over my real nails. Do I need a manicure before I go back for a fill.?

This is my first time for gel nails.is a manicure extra or included with the gel fillI have had gel applied over my real nails. Do I need a manicure before I go back for a fill.?
No, you don't need one.


Ne sure that you ae getting real gel nails. Beware of the scammers who give you acrylic nails, apply a UV topcoat, and tell you they are gel nails, while charging you the hight price for gel nails.


Its really easy to tell whether or not you have gel, or acrylic nails. If the tech applies any 'liquid' and 'powder' on your nails, then you have acrylic nails, UV topcoiat or not, they are still acrylic nails.


Real gel nails are made entirely from gels, which have a hair styling gel consistency to them. They are available in many colors. The gels are never in a powder form. They look like this while still in the container:


http://www.cnd.com/Home/homelink-consume鈥?/a>


The containers should always be clearly labeled, such as the ones in the picture. This is true for acrylic nails as well. If the tech is using unmarked containers, then be sure to tell the tech that you want to see the original container. If they cannot, or will not show you this, then they are trying to hide something from you, and this is not a good thing and usually a sign of the use of poor quality products, or MMA containing products. MMA has been banned for use on nails for over 20 years now, and it is known to ruin your nails, and it can cause serious health problems as well. The only reason that they still use it is because it is so cheap to buy when compared to the products which are supposed to be used on your nails that don't contain MMA.


See this for help on what to look out for when choosing a nail salon:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rlmptKm4鈥?/a>


Avoid the discount salons. These places are the salons like the ones found in Walmart, which charge really low prices ($25 and under for a full set of acrylics). They are usually unsanitary, and you can get some nasty infections from their unclean practices See this for more info:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hu7BLbl3鈥?/a>I have had gel applied over my real nails. Do I need a manicure before I go back for a fill.?
It's included in the gell filling.
I have been a nail tech for 14 years. the manicure will be included in your service. the only that might be extra is a french maincure polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment